||SEE ALSO the page SCIENCE.HTML
which is a summary page of SCIENCE REPORTS; and also see the
CMREPORTS folder, which
summarizes a walk in my local hills, a photo report of a walk in Tokyo, and
other such matters.
This page summarizes the Special Reports
available on this site. Like everything else here it's constantly and it
certainly could be better organized, but it ought to
be useful, and it will have to do.
Some of the older reports are not in the standard format I hit on
later. They're all and every one worth reading.
More will be added as time goes on.
There is an older summary of some of these
reports that includes some I have not got in here YET, but this will be the one
I keep up. It is worth a look. But do have a look at what's here. Some may surprise you.
Royal Marine Commandant's speech on
warfare May 12, 2011
My thoughts on UFO's: my preface to Carl
Pflock's book on Roswell.
An Adventure in 2000: a story of
an adventure on American Airlines in the days before 9/11
Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy
Mercenaries and Military Virtue is an
essay written for the 1983 anthology THERE WILL BE WAR
Report on Global Cooling, July 1,
2008 (needs updating)
There are TRIP REPORTS from Paris and Rome
and an informed if bitter view of the EPCOT
center. (Why I am bitter is part of that report). There is a report on
my Death Valley Adventure (in
which I rolled my Bronco and had to walk 28 miles to the nearest paved road.
I also put in notable reports from the Foreign Policy
See also the REVIEWS summary page, and the COLUMNS summary.
For a SUMMARY PAGE of CHAOS MANOR REPORTS
including my Death Valley Adventures:
The Day of the Tyrant, an essay first
written in 1983.
Hamas and Israel: Jerry Pournelle and Joel
Rosenberg, another dialogue.
Books for Sue: A reading list
Is Israel Finished? Jerry Pournelle and
Joel Rosenberg, a dialogue
Jerry Pournelle on Growing Up Smart
Francis Hamit on electronic publishing
McCaffrey report from Iraq
Frank Forman Cochlear Cyborg (Living
with a Cochlear Implant) February 2007
Notes from a Survival Sage: a column from
Survive Magazine for March 1983
Report from Korea (One Foot Inside North
Joanne Dow Diatribes on Women and the
Sample Chapters from
Columbus by Joaquin Miller
A new debate on Iraq, October 2006
EXAMPLES from the California
Sixth Grade Reader of 1916
The Bravery of Regulus (example of
supplementary reading materials)
An Exchange of Views about Lebanon:
Jerry Pournelle and Joel Rosenberg
Russell Seitz on Explosives and Security
The 2006 Stanford Singularity Summit:
Pictures and conference report.
Barry McCaffrey Reports from Iraq
Letters From Iraq: Letters from a
serving officer in IRAQ
A 911 Memorial
Republic and Empire Page One and Page
STAR OFFICE: early report by Joel Rosenberg
- Intellectual Capital : my former
Intellectual Capital columns; some are pretty good, and a few
Edmund X. DeJesus
Peter N. Glaskowsky [email@example.com]
Russell Kay firstname.lastname@example.org
David Mitchell email@example.com
Alexander Pournelle firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry Pournelle (Includes
some discussions and debates)
- Mercenaries and Military Virtue, an
essay written in 1982
- The Day of the Tyrant, an essay written
- Is Israel Finished? Jerry
Pournelle and Joel Rosenberg, a dialogue
- The 2006 Stanford Singularity
Summit (on AI)
- Leadership Quotes
- File Managers
- 2002 NT7: Lucifer's Hammer
- Raising the Kursk: and the future of
- Harlan Ellison and intellectual piracy
- Getting to Space
and Empire: an attempt to pull together materials
of the Twentieth Century: Ortega y Gasset
- Infantry in the modern world:
observations and a discussion
Several intellectual capital articles as originally done.
- Future Calling
- The Treason of the Clerks
- Predicting the Year 2000
- Dyslexia and ADD: Self control,
boys, reading, and drugs.
- Dogs In Elk. If you haven't
read this, don't be drinking coffee when you do. You might choke.
- The Hound of Heaven: A poem by
- A report on Japan.
- Taiwan and the Two Chinas: an essay
by me and a report from the Foreign Policy Research institute.
- Bob's Your Uncle: meaning and possible origins of this
- Death Valley Adventures: rolling my
Bronco in Death Valley, November 1998
- The USS Hopper: my weekend cruise, with pictures, on a
modern warship; to be revised and added to when I get a chance now that I have thought of
- Israel (placeholder: my overdue picture report on our
trip to Israel still isn't done. Alas.)
- Outlook 98 (June, 1998) Some naive early discussions
- Recommended: What we USE and RECOMMEND at
Chaos Manor. Revised when we can get at it, not often enough.
- The Y2K Discussion (Last update September 1998)
- The Yorktown Incident USS Yorktown dead in
water on test cruise; NT seen harmful.
- The Slashdot Papers: mostly mail about Linux and
Microsoft and Commodity pricing and that sort of thing...
- The Lays Of Ancient Rome by Thomas Babington Macauley,
with a general introductory note by Pournelle. Vital part of a real education.
- WORK IN PROGRESS: What we're doing at Chaos Manor.
Revised from time to time.
- Larry Niven's New Year 1999 Party: some pictures.
- Rotary Rocket Rollout: Private Space Company rolls out
Atmospheric test vehicle! With lots of pictures.
- Gulf War Syndrome: causes and coverups.
- A visit to Epcot: a few photographs and thoughts. In
- Crusades New and Old: an FPRI
- Amorphophallus titanum, the
- The Christening of Julian
- A short photo op
- A Night on Mount Wilson: Niven and I go to
Mount Wilson Observatory
- A walk in the hills
- Writers of the Future
Intellectual Capital Columns
These ran for several years. They're being put up as I find time.
J Neil Schulman on Moral Ambiguity and
Talin has many contributions scattered through mail; I'm beginning to collect
Robert Bruce Thompson [email@example.com and there are other